expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, December 19, 2013

5 FAVES - Christmas "Classics"

I use the term "classics" loosely as I dish out my favorite Christmas themed flicks…


Joining Hallie for some Five Favorites with a week left until Christmas!!!



Even though there are A LOT of great Christmas movies, here are MY Top 5 favorite Christmas Movies, probably of all time; and they are tough to dispute if I do say so myself! ;)


Counting down from 5 to 1:


5.) Christmas Vacation.
This was the funniest movie to me growing up, probably because it was a little too close to home.
Yep, we pretty much grew up with Clark Griswold.
For example, I specifically remember years of being outside in the cold for hours on end, just to find the  one bulb that made the rest of the lights go out…
What great memories!


Bill Sahm = Clark Griswold



4.) Elf.
This is a classic to me because really no one else could be a more convincing adult elf… it's Will Farrell  at his best!!!  It's such a feel good movie for lots of ages!
And all the shots of NYC make me oh so happy.

How can anyone resist this face.



3.) While You Were Sleeping.
This is a sweet romantic comedy about finding love and family, but centered around Christmas time. And who doesn't love Sandra Bullock???





2.) White Christmas.
Sisters, Sisters. - There are so many great music numbers in this movie!
And COSTUMES! Check out Janet's "White Christmas" inspired looks she just posted
And Danny Kaye and Rosemary Clooney have to be two of the greatest people to watch on the big screen, (and Bing, too, of course)!
I also love it because my dad's dad made them watch it growing up!





1.) And numero uno - It's a Wonderful Life.
Best.Movie.Ever.
Non-Christmas or Christmas.Period.
Enough Said. :)

This has recently become Bill's favorite too ;) - see below! 


And now, over to William Paul Williams' top 5 faves (we surprisingly have a couple of the same ;) -


5.) Same as mine.

4.) Charlie Brown Christmas.



3.) How The Grinch Stole Christmas.




2.) A Christmas Carol.



1.) Same as mine. :)


Any others to dispute???!!!  
I just hope to see one of these this Christmas season!  
With a fire and hot chocolate in hand of course! 
Feliz Navidad, Amigos!

1 comment:

  1. So many to love my friend...
    Quite of few favorites of mine up there too...Elf!!!
    I am dating myself here, but I remember as if it were yesterday seeing Christmas Vacation with Steve while I was in college!!
    And you must watch Christmas With The Kranks!!!!
    Have a great weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Gracias for saying Hola!

01 09 10