expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Tasteful Tuesdays


Breakfast.  
For some reason, any kind of effort in making breakfast feels special.  
I am a huge breakfast/brunch fan.  The food is always pretty simple to prepare and it's also easy to make go far, whatever it is!  
Eggs, omelets, french toast, pancakes, bacon, sausage, bagels - all fairly inexpensive, easy to make lots of, and yummy!  

Since Bill works a couple of close shifts a week, it means he is with us in the mornings rather than evenings; so I try to make breakfast our meal of the day together.  Well, I at least shoot for making it once a week! 

Here is the easy meal we had yesterday - 
Gritty Pancakes  

*Even though I'm a breakfast person, I don't really care for pancakes and they are the last things I'd order in a restaurant, but they really are the easiest to make at home... 
I do like them though, if they don't really taste like pancakes, you know?!  
I know, I'm weird, but that's why I try to "doll" them up somehow.  
I can't wait for pumpkin pancakes this fall! 


"Gritty Pancakes" - 
I used 2 cups of boxed pancake mix and about 2 cups of frozen berries.  
- Sometimes I make homemade pancakes but when I'm in a hurry, the boxed stuff works just fine.

Even those these are a little healthy, I didn't use whole wheat, gluten free, or wheat germ pancake mix... BABY steps with Bill ;)


As you can see, I'm a fan of frozen fruit!

Here comes the "grittiness:"


Toss in a few tablespoons of flaxseed into the mix

Then I chopped up about 3/4 c of walnuts and tossed in

And like Bill says, what's a meal without meat?  
He and AJ love breakfast sausage:




And tada!

Not very pretty but tasty! 


Toddler approved! 

And I guess these pancakes were a little healthier than what we munched on this morning for breakfast -

leftover brownies from bible study group

Happy tasting! 

1 comment:

  1. Looks Good, Sarah! And we love us some breakfast around here too. In fact, I have been known to have Breakfast for Dinner often!

    And those Hungry Jack pancakes are delish! : )

    ReplyDelete

Gracias for saying Hola!

01 09 10